The Openity® Bridge is a mobile device that allows smartphones to place and receive calls via the Globalstar satellite network. The device acts as a VoIP to satellite gateway, providing subscribers with communication options in areas where cellular coverage is weak or non-existent.
Openity® is partnered with Globalstar to provide high-quality, low-latency, satellite connectivity. Unlike cell phones, satellite devices may be used in remote areas, far from cell towers.
Bridge is easy to setup and use, providing simple satellite connectivity.
- Place and receive satellite calls from up to 10 WiFi enabled devices
- May be vehicle mounted or operated from a fixed location
- High-quality, low-latency, satellite connectivity on the Globalstar network
Bridge excels at providing voice communications in areas where traditional cellular and phone networks fall short.
- Install Bridge in your vehicle to provide a mobile connectivity bubble in areas without cellular coverage
- Mount Bridge and its antenna on a maritime vessel to provide simple satellite calling to all passengers
- Quickly deploy voice communications in disaster recovery operations where traditional voice networks are out of service
- Integrate Bridge into existing VoIP networks to provide emergency connectivity
Use of Bridge requires a subscription to the Globalstar satellite network. Rate plans will be announced in Q1 2014.
Download detailed product specifications (PDF) below.